Monday, February 20, 2012

12 weeks to Go

Hey everyone,

Had a great training week and the four day weekend aided in that success. This was my first week of build after a taper and recovery week, so lets get started.

Swim: Focus this week was working on speed again through short distance sprints. Conducting my warm up then into 20 x 50 yd sprints with 45 seconds rest in between. Then 5 x 100 yd sprints with 20 second rest. My times haven't changed to much on the shorter sprints. For the week I logged 6950 yards or just under 4 miles.

Bike: This is where we saw the big volume jump this week as I was on the bike over 8.5 hrs this week.  Spun a Sufferfest video Monday morning to get the week on the bike started off right.  Made it to cycling class both days as it progressively gets more difficult with sprints and maintaining higher cadence for extended periods of time. I took a lunch time ride up to the zoo with a guy in my cycling class who also works at Fort Carson. Again this is about a 16 mile ride with about 1200 feet of climbing. Then I got a good long ride in on Saturday with some guys from my Tri club. Had some snow on the ground in the morning but with the sun and the forecast calling for low 40's we kept on as planned. We rode up to the Air Force Academy did 2 loops up there and came back. It was a 72 mile day with about 5,000 ft of climbing and we all agreed it never got passed the mid 30's with about a 10-15 mph south wind. After 8.5 hrs ended up logging 136.3 miles for the week.

Run: Great week of running this week. Had a 60, 75 and 100 minute run this week. Ran the shorter one with a co-worker. I wasn't pushing hard so I just focused on my form. The next two runs I felt great had excellent mileage: 10.2 miles and 13.12 miles respectively. I am very comfortable with my run now just need to focus my energy on keeping good form when my legs are already tired coming off the bike. Ran a total of 29.06 miles in 3:37:40 this week.

Trained over my plan this week but I don't think I pushed too hard. Went longer on the bike on Saturday then planned but little extra isn't going to hurt. I have 3 more weeks with this kind of volume. Building up to a solid 5 hour bike ride, 2 hour run and 1 hour swim before another recovery week. Better get started on 11 weeks to go. 


Cheers,

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment