Saturday, March 17, 2012

8 Weeks to Go (Recovery)

Oh yes the week I have been waiting for.... Recovery week. Even though I logged just about 10.5 hrs of training it was a good week. My brother-in-law and his wife moved back to North Dakota so I was able to take a day to help them load the truck up. And the pesky time change this week threw me off. So lets get started.

Swim this week was my favorite work out which was 10 x 200 yards, 1 x 250 and 1 x 100 cool down. Totaling 2850 yards with the 500 yd warm up. I was able to keep all my times with in +/- 5 seconds of each other on the 200s so I was happy. My endurance swim was 45 minutes this week due to recovery. After missing my swim Monday, just couldn't get out of bed in time, I totaled 5600 yards this week.

On the bike this week I did an outdoor ride Monday and Tuesday, Spin class on Wednesday and long bike on Saturday which was part of my brick. Monday and Tuesday just tried to work on my speed on the flats (if you can call smaller hills flats..). I still climbed about 1300 ft on Monday riding for an hour and covered 20 miles. Tuesday was a ride on post only had a 45 minutes. Spin class was a warm up then 8 x 4 min hard effort time trials. Saturday was my brick,  I had 180 min ride on the schedule. But I am also taking part in a March Madness work out with my Tri club. I drew 2 teams that were knocked out in the first round so I have a 64 mile bike for each team thanks to Davidson and Notre Dame!! So I planned to just ride 64 miles today to get one of them done. The ride went well, got a little windy but ended up with 113 miles on the bike this week.

Another good week of running with (1) 45 min speed work run and (2) 60 min runs with one of those being my brick on Saturday. All of them went well still keeping my pace between 7:01 and 7:31/miles during the week. Ran for a total of 22.6 miles this week.

Now to enjoy the rest of the weekend. Next week I start back up and will be traveling to St George to spend Saturday and Sunday riding/running the course. I hear the water temp is still below 50 degrees so not sure if I will swim or not guess we will see when I get out  there. Looking forward to see if all the hill training prepared me for this bike course. I will post my St George Trip separate from my training in Colorado next week.

Cheers
Nate    

No comments:

Post a Comment